An Introduction to Moodle
Moodle provides a centralized location for all your course content and makes it easy for you to keep track of assignments and deadlines.
Understanding how Moodle will be used within each course or unit may vary based on the preferences of individual lecturers. However, your lecturer will provide an overview of their specific approach to using Moodle to enhance your learning experience.
Lecturers may use Moodle to...
- Create and deliver online courses.
- Share course materials such as videos, PDFs, and other resources.
- Create and grade quizzes and assignments.
- Facilitate online discussions and forums for students.
- Tracking student progress and engagement.
- Provide personalized feedback and support.
- Create and manage groups of students.
- Encourage collaboration and peer learning.
- Integrate with other educational tools such as Mahara and Turnitin.
You may use Moodle to...
- Access course materials like syllabi, assignments, lecture notes, and readings.
- Submit assignments and receive grades and feedback.
- Participate in online discussions and forums with classmates and lecturers.
- Attempt quizzes and tests.
- View lecture videos and other multimedia course materials.
- Access accessibility tools within Moodle
- Check course announcements and updates from your lecturer.
- Manage your personal calendars and schedules for course deadlines and events.
- Connect with classmates and lecturers through messaging.
- Monitor your progress and grades throughout the course
Help and Support
If you are having any issues with access, you can contact the IT Helpdesk at the email below: